The Carl & Marilynn Thoma Art Foundation is committed to providing opportunities to improve the lives of young people in rural or under-resourced areas of Arizona, Illinois, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas with the Thoma Equity Grants. The Thoma Equity Grant Rural Deep Dive Scholarship Program will provide 16 scholarships for the UX/UI bootcamp in August 2021. Selected participants will also be provided with resources necessary to succeed, including a laptop.
This part-time bootcamp will run on August 23-December 3, 2021. It meets on Mondays and Wednesdays, 5:30-8:30 pm & Saturdays 10 am-2 pm. This will be a completely virtual bootcamp.
The Thoma Equity Grant Rural Deep Dive Scholarship application deadline is June 28, 2021.
Applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Reside outside of the Albuquerque and Santa Fe metropolitan areas.
- Be between ages 18-29.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be interested in gaining employment in the field of UX/UI.
- Be able to attend scheduled class dates (Monday and Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings for 15 weeks).
- Have access to or ability to obtain reliable internet. (Minimum of 3.8Mbps up and 3.0Mbps down. Google “speed test” and click “Run Speed Test”).
Deep Dive bootcamps are challenging and immersive, even for this part time bootcamp. The ideal candidate for these scholarships will be ready to work hard, put in long hours, be part of a team, and keep their goals in mind. Prior experience isn’t required, but basic computer skills are. We will not be opening up any self-paid or otherwise funded seats for the August UX/UI bootcamp. Applicants will be notified no later than July 14.
Start Developing your Dream by selecting UX/UI as your bootcamp of choice, and we will guide you through the rest of the process!