As a part of their goal to train 1 million people and small businesses in digital skills by 2020, Facebook is providing 32 non-credit scholarships to CNM Ingenuity’s Deep Dive Coding Bootcamps, starting with cohorts beginning in May 2019. This was announced last year during their visit to Albuquerque.
- Full scholarships will be awarded for the following Deep Dive Coding cohorts:
- Deep Dive Digital Media – May 20 -August 9, 2019 (four scholarships available) – SOLD OUT
- Deep Dive Java+Android – May 20 -August 9, 2019 (four scholarships available) – SOLD OUT
- Deep Dive Fullstack Web Development – July 8 -September 13, 2019 (sixteen scholarships available)
- Deep Dive Fullstack Web Development – October 7 – December 13, 2019 (four scholarships available)
The scholarship application deadline for the Java+Android and Digital Media bootcamps beginning in May is April 17, 2019.
The deadline to apply for scholarships for the July Fullstack bootcamp is May 13, 2019.
Applicants are only allowed to apply for one bootcamp scholarship at a time. Please carefully select a bootcamp that is the best fit for you. Contact us if you are not sure which bootcamp is right for you. If you are not selected for a scholarship, you will have the opportunity to reapply to a later bootcamp.
- Applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be a resident of Albuquerque or a surrounding community
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be interested in gaining employment as a web or application developer
- Be willing not to work or go to school for 10-12 weeks– fulltime bootcamp students put in a minimum of 60 hours per week
- Applicants must describe to the selection committee why they should be awarded this opportunity.
- Applicant must have ability to submit a video through Facebook Messenger.
Deep Dive Coding is a challenging and immersive training program. The ideal candidate for these scholarships will be ready to work hard, put in long hours, be part of a team, and keep their goals in mind. Prior coding experience isn’t required, but basic operating system skills are. We will not be opening up any self-paid or otherwise funded seats for the July Fullstack Web Development bootcamp.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
The following steps outline the scholarship application process. Steps 1 and 2 must be completed in full by the scholarship application deadline.
1.) Fill out the application. Be sure to use a valid email address as we will use it to contact you. Due to the volume of interest in these scholarships, we will not be responding to calls or walk-ins, but you may contact us through our website if you have questions. All interested applicants must fill out our online application, and wait for email communication from our staff.
2.) Upload a video of yourself. Send this in a private message to Deep Dive Coding’s Facebook Messenger. You must be logged into Facebook Messenger to send the message. Limit the video to two minutes, and please address the following:
- Tell us a little bit about yourself.
- How will your prior work experience help you to be successful in the tech industry?
- What kind of job in the tech industry sounds most appealing to you? What would the ultimate outcome look like for you?
- Why should we choose you for this opportunity?
3.) In-person Interviews. Finalists will be selected by a committee and will then be invited to CNM’s STEMulus Center for in-person interviews.
4.) Scholarship Selection. Scholarships will be awarded in time for students to begin mandatory course pre-work. Anyone who is not selected for the May bootcamps may reapply for the Fullstack bootcamp in July.
Local employers such as Ingenuity Software Labs, Rural Sourcing, and AdWallet will be interviewing all Facebook scholars who complete the program.