In 12 Weeks, you will be on your way to a New, Lucrative Career as a Java, Android or Salesforce Programmer
This Deep Dive Coding Bootcamp will allow you to learn Java + Android + Salesforce programming and teach you to build modern, in-demand software that runs on and integrates multiple platforms. Graduate with truly marketable, high-income skills.
Software developers are in demand everywhere, including here in Albuquerque, New Mexico where the unemployment rate for developers is just 1.9%. Jobs requiring coding skills pay an average of $22,000 per year more than jobs that don’t.
Deep Dive Java + Android + Salesforce will help you jump start your new, lucrative career as a software developer. Average salaries in Albuquerque are $86K, $79K and $88K respectively.
Why You Should Learn Java, Android, and Salesforce
For years Java has ranked at the top of industry-wide rankings of programming languages in terms of usage, popularity and employer demand. The “write once, run everywhere” philosophy of Java, combined with its extensive ecosystem of standard and third-party tools and libraries, has made it an indispensable tool for cross-platform applications and multi-tier enterprise development.
Android is by far the world’s most popular phone operating system, with nearly two billion devices in use worldwide and an 88% market share. Java is the foundational programming language of Android.
Salesforce, a cloud-based software provider, is growing dramatically with over 150,000 customers and nearly four million subscribers. Service components include robust Customer Relationship Management, Marketing, Analytics and other modules. Businesses locally and nationally are seeking out developers to work in this Java-based system.
Salesforce is one of the most popular Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems in the world. Over the next five years the field is expected to grow by 25% or more.
May 2018 Bootcamp
Dates: May 21 – August 10
Application Deadline: April 20
September 2018 Bootcamp
Dates: Sept 24-Dec 14
Application Deadline: October 26
Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.;
Friday: 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Learn the Code
We’ll teach you languages, tools and protocols you’ll use in the bootcamp and as a Java, Android or Salesforce software developer in the real world:
All our bootcamps teach:
Object Oriented Programming
This bootcamp focuses on:
- Git & GitHub
- Maven, Ant, & Gradle
- SQL, JDBC and Java DB
- Android SDK
- SOAP and REST web services
- Force.com & Apex
You’ll become proficient with tools and techniques for programming, debugging, testing, collaboration and version control while you build skills in Agile software development, test-driven development and other practices and methodologies used by today’s best software shops.
You will also prepare for and receive an exam voucher for the Java SE 8 Programmer I exam for Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 8 Programmer certification.
Introduction and Discovery (Weeks 1-3)
- Learn to use a suite of development tools.
- Learn programming concepts through Java syntax and structure.
- Understand and implement fundamental algorithms.
- Learn and apply object-oriented and functional techniques.
- Use the Javadoc tool and code comments to generate API documentation.
- Leverage JUnit to write reliable, verifiable code.
- Implement relational data models in SQL databases and integrate them into your Java code with JDBC.
- Learn the basics of dependency management and build automation with Maven, Ant and Gradle.
- Use Java’s concurrency features to take advantage of multiprocessing environments.
- Learn the basics of Swing and JavaFX to build portable GUI applications.
- Acquire the disciplines and habits of computational thinking and intensive daily coding.
- Exercise and expand your skills through exploratory development of your own projects.
- Form teams for your capstone project.
Extended Platforms and Environments (Weeks 4-6)
- Explore other JVM-hosted languages, including Groovy and Scala.
- Build a mobile app with the Android SDK.
- Use Java Enterprise Edition to build and consume SOAP and REST web services.
- Use Apex to build Salesforce-hosted modules and services.
- Reinforce your practices and knowledge base through team and individual projects.
- Design and begin building your team capstone project.
- Begin implementing your personal development project.
Execution and Deployment (Weeks 7-12)
- Immerse yourself in your team capstone project.
- Create clean, functional, verified and documented code.
- Build out your personal and digital brands.
- Demonstrate your team capstone projects to employers, staffing agencies and others in the tech community.
- Complete your personal development project.
- Complete resume and mock interviews.
- Graduate and find a job or begin working on freelance development projects.
$8,995 for New Mexico applicants.
$9,995 for out-of-state applicants.
*prices subject to change.
Learn more about how to pay for the bootcamp.
Reserve Your Seat Now: A $1,500 non-refundable deposit is required prior to the application deadline in order to reserve your seat. The remaining course fees must be paid in full by the application deadline.
Java + Android + Salesforce Bootcamp FAQsWhy are Java, Android, and Salesforce taught in the same bootcamp?
Android is by far the world’s most popular mobile operating system, with nearly two billion devices in use worldwide and an 88% market share. Java is the foundational programming language of Android.
Salesforce, a cloud-based software provider, is growing dramatically, with over 150,000 customers and nearly four million subscribers. Service components include robust Customer Relationship Management, Marketing, Analytics and other modules. Businesses locally and nationally are seeking out developers to work in this Java-based system.
Salesforce is one of the most popular Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems in the world. Over the next five years the field is expected to grow by 25 percent or more.
What types of jobs will I be ready for after attending Deep Dive Java + Android + Salesforce?
What is the schedule like?
Is a deposit required to register?
CNM STEMulus Center
20 First Plaza Center NW, Suite 200, Albuquerque, NM 87102 (map)
Not from around here?
Find housing options and learn more about Albuquerque.