Changing your career doesn’t have to mean going into debt.
Thanks to partnerships with charitable foundations and local and national government initiatives, we have access to funding sources for those who qualify.
Financial assistance available: The Deep Dive Coding Bootcamps are non-credit courses that are not eligible for traditional financial aid. However, many Albuquerque residents qualify for funding resources that can cover some or all of their tuition costs. Financial assistance may also be available to help offset other costs as well. The following resources have specific qualification requirements. Our staff will work to connect you with as many resources as are available to you. Please apply to the bootcamp before inquiring about how to apply for these payment options.
Job Training Albuquerque (JTA)
Job Training Albuquerque is a workforce development program that provides qualified Albuquerque employers with the opportunity to provide professional training to employees with no tuition cost or fees. You may qualify to take a bootcamp at no charge if your employer meets these criteria:
- Incorporated as a for-profit or not-for-profit entity in NM
- Headquartered within the Albuquerque city limits
- A business with less than 500 employees
- Business has been located in Albuquerque for 1 year OR Business owner has been an Albuquerque resident for at least 1 year at any time prior to the time of training
- Business is willing and able to increase its workforce by at least one employee in the next two years.
This great opportunity is made possible through the collaboration between CNM Ingenuity and the City of Albuquerque. Job Training Albuquerque (JTA) is a workforce development program that provides opportunities for the local workforce to gain necessary skills in order to fill skill gaps and meet the workforce needs of existing and potential employers.
Apply for this workforce development opportunity to be funded through Job Training Albuquerque (JTA) by applying here: https://jobtrainingabq.org/application/
All coding bootcamps except for Internet of Things and Data Science, which are pending approval, are eligible for GI Bill benefits. Veterans should apply for GI Bill benefits and obtain a Certificate of Eligibility before applying to the bootcamp.
Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA)
The Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA) is for those who are unemployed or laid off. WIOA funding provides training funds for jobs in demand. Contact the New Mexico Workforce Connection at WIOA@wccnm.org or call 505.843.1900 for more details on WIOA program eligibility and enrollment.
Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) provides tuition and other assistance for those who have an impairment which “constitutes a substantial impediment to employment.” Contact a DVR representative for more details.
If you do not qualify for other types of funding, a student loan may help cover your tuition costs. Our staff cannot assist in applying for loans, but the following are options you may wish to consider. Before you apply for a private loan, it’s important to understand what’s involved to avoid any surprises. This article by Lend Edu discusses some of the details you should be aware of.
Trade Adjustment Assistance
The Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) program was created to assist workers dislocated due to foreign imports or the transfer of production to other countries. The program offers great benefits including money for retraining and reimbursement of job search and relocation expenses.
5 Ways to encourage your Employer to pay for you to attend
- Ask – A simple request is usually all it takes.
- Show the website – Get your boss to read it. Send the link in an email.
- Stress the benefits – Additional skills training will make you a more productive employee. Be very specific about how this training will help you make more money for your employer – perhaps you’ll be able to maintain your company website internally or you’ll be able to help create software that will automate a business process.
- Emphasize the convenience – Why go out of town for training when you can get quality training right here?
- Compare the competitive pricing – Your employer will be pleased to know they are paying a little less and getting a lot. Check the prices. They’re hard to beat!