2023 Java & Android bootcamp dates have been moved toTBA
Application Deadline: TBA
Pre-Bootcamp (Before the program starts)
Pre-work will be assigned to you before the bootcamp starts. All the resources used in the pre-work are accessible online.
Introduction and Discovery (Weeks 1-3)
- Learn to use a suite of development tools.
- Learn programming concepts through Java syntax and structure.
- Understand and implement fundamental algorithms.
- Learn and apply object-oriented and functional techniques.
- Use the Javadoc tool and code comments to generate API documentation.
- Leverage JUnit to write reliable, verifiable code.
- Implement relational data models in SQL databases and integrate them into your Java code with JDBC.
- Learn the basics of dependency management and build automation with Maven, Gradle, and Ant.
- Learn the basics of Swing and JavaFX to build portable GUI applications.
- Explore the Android SDK through the development of a number of simple Android apps.
- Acquire the disciplines and habits of computational thinking and intensive daily coding.
- Exercise and expand your skills through exploratory development of your own projects.
- Form teams for your capstone project.
Extended Platforms and Environments (Weeks 4-6)
- Use Java’s concurrency features to take advantage of multiprocessing environments.
- Explore other JVM-hosted languages, including Groovy and Scala.
- Use Java Enterprise Edition to build and consume web services.
- Reinforce your practices and knowledge base through team and individual projects.
- Design and begin building your team capstone project.
- Begin implementing your personal Android project.
Execution and Deployment (Weeks 7-12)
- Immerse yourself in your team capstone project.
- Create clean, functional, verified and documented code.
- Build out your personal and digital brands.
- Demonstrate your team capstone projects to employers, staffing agencies and others in the tech community.
- Complete your personal development project.
- Complete resume and mock interviews.
- Graduate and find a job or begin working on freelance development projects.
Multiple mindfulness sessions are incorporated into the bootcamp to help students manage the stress of tests, presentations, interviews, and other high-stakes events.
Full-time, Immersive Schedule
- Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Location: During modified operations due to the pandemic, this bootcamp is currently 100% virtual.
- Experience with the Windows, OS X, or Linux Ubuntu operating systems.
- Practical understanding of the Internet – e.g. using a modern internet browser such as Chrome or Firefox to navigate the World Wide Web and download files.
- Fundamental computers skills, including basic use of the keyboard and mouse, as well as higher-level actions for file management (moving, copying, and deleting files).
It’s expected that our students use their own laptop in this bootcamp, with an operating system of Windows 10OS or Mac 10.13 or above. Webcams and microphones are required if not built into the laptop. Internet access with a minimum of 3.8Mpbs/3.0Mbps (up/down) is also required. Limited loaners are available. Contact us for questions about loaners or whether your computer meets our minimum specs:
System requirements for Java+Android
Linux: Ubuntu 20.04 or above
Mac OX X: “Sierra” 10.14 or above
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
64-bit Intel, AMD, or Apple M1
2 processing cores minimum, 4+ cores
8GB minimum, 12GB+ recommended, if primarily
using a physical Android Device
12GB minimum, 16GB+ recommended, if in-memory
Android emulation is used extensively.
30GB minimum, 50+GB available storage space
The total bootcamp tuition is $9,995*.
Participants receiving third-party funding may not have to pay a deposit or any tuition. Learn more about tuition assistance and the payment process for the bootcamp.
Reserve Your Seat Now: A $1,500 non-refundable deposit is required prior to the application deadline in order to reserve your seat. The remaining course fees must be paid in full by the application deadline.