Career Support & Professional Development
Deep Dive Coding is unique in our extensive Professional Development model. We have full-time staff dedicated to our coding bootcamp students who will work with you to meet your career goals. In the end, it’s up to you to persuade an employer to hire you, and career outcomes aren’t guaranteed, but there are keys to success. Successful students always show up on time, are present, work hard, and collaborate as a great teammate. In the tech industry, having great soft skills are just as important as the hard skills. This is why we make professional development a requirement of our programs.
The Professional Development workshops series is embedded into each of the full-time Deep Dive bootcamps. Learners also benefit from a industry guest speakers, including technical recruiters. The Pro Dev series focuses on
- A portfolio of your skills and capacities.
- Resume Building Workshops and 1 on 1 meetings designed for your first tech industry position.
- Overhaul/update of your professional identity online.
- LinkedIn Networking Workshops.
- Exclusive job postings – we hear about local job openings before they are even posted.
- Potential opportunities for internships, apprenticeships, and contract work.
- Membership in the Deep Dive Alumni network and Alumni Committee meet-ups.
- Coaching – we’ll help you figure out your goals, then work with you on your plan to achieve them.
- Introductions to local employers and invitation to networking events.
- Professional Development workshops — Building the soft skills that every employer is really looking for.
- Talks by local leaders – guest speakers include software developers, entrepreneurs, executives, and other local leaders.
- Employer Roundtable Day — an event to highlight your final projects and portfolio to potential employers in the tech community.
- Employer Interview Day – we bring in local employers and subject matter experts to interview you and introduce you to Technical Interviewing.
- Public speaking practice to help build your confidence and comfort level with telling your story.
- Tools and best practices for you to start your own business.
- Learn how to work remotely in an ever growing remote world.