Learn Fullstack Web Development in just 10 weeks
In 10 Weeks, you will be on your way to a successful career as a Web Developer.
This Deep Dive Coding Bootcamp will allow you to learn the fundamentals of modern web development to build great websites, software, and apps. We will teach you how to build modern, in-demand software that runs on any browser flawlessly.
Software Developers are in demand everywhere, including here in Albuquerque, New Mexico, where the unemployment rate for developers is just 1.8%. Jobs requiring coding skills pay an average of $22,000 per year more than jobs that don’t. Developers often have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, on their own schedule, or even remotely. Working as an independent contractor is a common career choice as well; a chance to be your own boss!
Why You Should Learn Web Development
The internet is what connects us all and the world wide web is how we access everyday tools and resources such as social media communication, email, etc. In a world where we are evermore connected via the internet, we are in great need for web developers to build and manage applications. For example, you can work as a freelance developer helping businesses with their online presence, or build custom application program interfaces (APIs) for companies such as Facebook and Twitter. Building for the web is a great place to start your coding career.
October 2019 – SOLD OUT!
Dates: October 7 – December 13
Application Deadline: September 6
Dates: January 13 – March 20
Application Deadline: November 15, 2019
Dates: April 6 – June 12
Application Deadline: March 9, 2020
Dates: July 6 – September 11
Application Deadline: June 8, 2020
Dates: October 5 – December 11
Application Deadline: September 7, 2020
Full-time, Immersive Schedule:
Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Location: CNM STEMulus Center (map)
How to get ready for a full-time bootcamp
Find housing options and learn more about Albuquerque
Learn the Code
- Front-end with HTML, CSS, and React
- Server-side programming with Node.js and Express
- Functional Programming
- Version control with Git and GitHub
- Using relational databases with MySQL
- Application deployment, DevOps, and containerization using Docker
- Agile project management methodologies
- Experience with the Windows, OS X, or Linux Ubuntu operating systems.
- Practical understanding of the Internet – e.g. using a modern internet browser such as Chrome or Firefox to navigate the World Wide Web and download files.
- Fundamental computers skills, including basic use of the keyboard and mouse, as well as higher-level actions for file management (moving, copying, and deleting files).
Pre-Bootcamp (Before the program starts)
Pre-work will be assigned to you before the bootcamp starts. All the resources used in the pre-work are accessible online or will be provided to you. Pre-work is mandatory and must be completed prior to orientation, which is generally a few days before bootcamp begins. The sooner you start and the more time you spend on your pre-work, the more prepared you’ll be. We recommend that you give yourself at least a month to complete this work prior to the start of the bootcamp.
Introduction and Discovery (weeks 1 – 2)
- Discover the components of coding and how the various parts work together to make web applications run.
- Become familiar with the various technologies used in modern web development.
- Build a technical resume and a professional online identity for the tech industry.
- Settle into your routine of coding all day at the STEMulus Center and on nights and weekends at home.
Preparation and Development (weeks 3 – 5)
- Reinforce your knowledge base through team and individual projects.
- Form teams to design and begin building your capstone project.
- Start building your personal website project to develop your new online presence.
Execution and Deployment (weeks 6 – 10)
- Immerse yourself in your team capstone project.
- Create clean, functional, and documented code. (That’s exactly what employers are looking for!)
- Complete resume and mock interviews.
- Complete your personal website project.
- Demonstrate your team capstone projects to employers, staffing agencies and others in the tech community.
Multiple mindfulness sessions are incorporated into the bootcamp to help students manage the stress of tests, presentations, interviews, and other high-stakes events.
Get College Credit
After you have completed this bootcamp, you will receive a certificate of completion, not a degree. You can receive Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) from Central New Mexico Community College (CNM) if you do decide to later pursue a degree, getting free credit for classes that are similar to what you learned in the bootcamp. Learn more about non-credit to credit CPL at CNM.
$6,995 is the discounted price for New Mexico residents.
$7,995 for out-of-state applicants.
Reserve Your Seat Now: A $1,500 non-refundable deposit is required prior to the application deadline in order to reserve your seat. The remaining course fees must be paid in full by the application deadline.
Other FAQsWhat is fullstack?
What types of jobs will I be ready for after attending this bootcamp?
With an understanding of web development, you can take your career in any number of directions. Demand for web developers is at an all-time high, especially in New Mexico. There’s a great need for web developers among enterprise organizations. If you don’t have previous software development skills, you’ll likely start as an entry level/junior software developer or intern with the potential to continue learning and to grow your career very quickly. If you don’t want to become a full-time programmer, there are many tech jobs for project and product management. Be sure to check out the Get a Job page.
Which version of of the technologies do you teach?
The Deep Dive Fullstack instructors work hard to make sure their students are always learning the latest stable version of all technologies we teach. When there is a new version of a programming language released, the instructors implement it by the next upcoming bootcamp.
Is a deposit required to register?
Yes, a $1500 non-refundable deposit is due ASAP to reserve your spot in the bootcamp and to get you started on the mandatory course pre-work.